The sun is up and the wedding season is upon us — which means only one thing…you need to bring you’re A-game to the shaadi-scape. Your outfits and jewelry may be in place but don’t overlook another important aspect — your hair. It can make or break the look, after all. As the temperatures rise, ditch your poker straight hair for three alternative fun looks that we spotted on our favorite Bollywood stylistas. You’ll be basking in the sun (and compliments) in no time!
Sonam Kapoor’s Fishtail Braid: For the outdoor sangeet
A perennial favorite, this one is made to one side for a softer feel. Pair it with a lehenga, sharara or floor length anarkali, it will work like a charm every single time!
- Go get a comb and clear elastic hairband.
- Remove all tangles and put your mane behind your shoulders.
- Divide it into two sections from top to bottom. Don’t forget that this whole braid is to the side, so position it accordingly.
- Take a small piece of hair from the outside of one of the two main sections and bring it to the inside of the opposite section.
- Now make the exact same cross but this time on the opposite side. Don’t forget to keep the crosses tight.
- Keep doing the same from each side into the inside of each section, until you see an inverted braiding pattern develop.
- Finish the plait by tying it with a clear elastic hairband.
- Remember that this looks best with a slept-in texture, so pull out a few strands for a slightly messy look.
Alia Bhatt’s Messy Chignon: For an effortlessly chic vibe
Universally chic, this fashion girl go-to is the perfect pick to highlight your statement earrings!
- Get yourself some bobby pins, a tail comb, hairspray and an elastic hairband.
- Give your hair a slight bouffant by pulling out the front layers for a smooth and voluminous effect.
- Tie your hair in a low pony resting at the nape.
- Roll the pony in an anti clockwise and keep coiling it. Don’t use too much force as we are aiming for a messy structure.
- Finally, twist it into a standard bun at the desired height. Pin it with bobby pins that discreetly slip in. Pull out a few hair strands and loosen it for a disheveled look. Remember that the whole idea is to avoid a prim and proper vibe.
- Add light hairspray to keep your bun in place.
- This style works best on hair that hasn’t been washed for a day. Alternatively you can use texturizing hair spray or leave the hair be untouched before styling.
Deepika Padukone’s Bohemian Pouf: For the modern-day princess
Mod is in vogue and this sexy bohemian pouf is the ideal way to pay ode to the decade. Don’t forget to throw on a headpiece when sporting this look!
- Grab the usual suspects: hair spray, bobby pins, rattail comb, and rollers.
- Part your hair and backcomb/tease the entire front section it to give a nice lift. Be sure that none of the hair falls on your face and is neatly tucked back, framing your face.
- Secure your bouffant using pins and set it with hairspray.
- Turn your attention to the bottom half now. Start separating the hair into different sections and curl them in with a hot curling iron rod. You can also do this with rollers before creating the pouf.
- Add some hair spray before securing the headpiece. Voila! You are ready to dance all night long!
Which hairstyle would you rather sport? Tell us in the comment box below!